1986 Fleer Michael Jordan Buy Back Rookie Autograph Auction

1986 Fleer Michael Jordan Buy Back Rookie Autograph /23

This card has been being pumped for quite some time, Christies auction house's sale of the 1986 Fleer Michael Jordan Buy Back Rookie Autograph has came to a close yesterday afternoon. The card itself was estimated to sell between $2,000,000 and $3,000,000. Although those numbers were declared by the card owner, any one who has been collecting cards for some time knew that price wouldn't really be the final realization. The final sale price ended up being $1,008,000, with many rumors floating around the industry that the purchaser was actually just the owner himself who bought it back from Christies to not look like a complete tool. Pre pandemic/pump these cards would normally float around $10,000 - $40,000 depending on the grade. The card itself is hand numbered to 23 by Michael Jordan, and was featured in 2006-07 Fleer as a buy-back chase hit, with a hologram security sticker placed on the back to authenticate the card, along with a separate COA Upper Deck/Fleer card.

Last edited:

HomeRunClub

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we have all been saying he will be lucky to break 7 figures.. the market is down, and while this is only numbered to 23, there are still hundreds in slabs certified, in higher grades.

Sinkhole

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am drooling over this card, I didnt know these even existed until today. One day I will own a 86 fleer, auto'd or not.