Anyone still follow Nascar?

Leafsfan1967

Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the empty stands each week, it seems like I'm one of the minority dinosaurs that still watch. I use to get 4 weeks holidays when I worked as a printer at the Toronto Sun Newspaper. I would always book 2 weeks each year, mid-February to go to Florida, and the Daytona 500, then I would book one week in June, and another in August, so I could attend both Michigan races in Brooklyn, Michigan. I miss those days, and after starting a family, the expense to go anymore was too much. Still watch every weekend, but nothing is better than the sweet smell of tire smoke in the stands. Anyone still go?

Taliasen

Administrator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
609   0   0
I used to be a big fan and followed NASCAR a lot. I have been to Daytona Speed Week, and MIS a few times and once won an all-access all-expense trip/tix there with a private meet and greet with Ryan Newman. It was a way to connect with my dad after my parents divorced. I admit I got into it because he already was. I ended up really enjoying it though. I admit that I have not been to a race, let alone watched a race since he passsed however. It was just not the same watching without him. I ended up trading/selling all of my NASCAR cards. Pretty sure I still have the pins from the live events we went to together and the special lanyard form the prize package I won somewhere.