Valuable Starting Lineup Action Figures: Where to Begin Your Collection?

bionic

Administrator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Hey fellow collectors and action figure enthusiasts,

I've recently developed an interest in Starting Lineup action figures and was curious to know which figures within this line hold the most significant value. Additionally, I'd love some guidance on where to start my own Starting Lineup collection. So, I thought it would be great to turn to this knowledgeable community for some insights and recommendations!

Starting Lineup action figures were incredibly popular in the late 1980s through the 1990s, capturing the attention of sports fans and collectors alike. These figures showcased athletes from various sports, including baseball, basketball, football, and hockey, and often featured realistic poses and detailed accessories.

When it comes to valuable Starting Lineup figures, there are a few factors to consider. Rarity, condition, and player popularity all play a significant role in determining a figure's value. Some figures from the early years of the line, especially those associated with star players or limited releases, tend to be highly sought after by collectors.

For example, some of the most valuable Starting Lineup figures include the 1988 Bo Jackson figure (with bat variation), the 1989 Ken Griffey Jr. rookie figure, the 1993 Shaquille O'Neal figure (with Slam Dunk Contest trophy), and the 1994 Barry Bonds figure (with alternate bat variation). These figures, in good condition and preferably still in their original packaging, can fetch significant prices on the collector's market.

When starting your own Starting Lineup collection, it's essential to consider your personal interests and preferences. Are you a fan of a particular sport, team, or player? Starting with figures that resonate with you on a personal level can enhance your enjoyment of the collection.

In terms of sourcing Starting Lineup figures, several avenues are worth exploring. Online marketplaces like eBay, sports collectible websites, and dedicated action figure forums often have a wide selection of Starting Lineup figures available for purchase. Local toy shows, conventions, and even thrift stores may also yield unexpected treasures for your collection.

It's important to do your research and check the condition and authenticity of any figures you are considering. Paying attention to details such as original packaging, unopened figures, and overall quality will ensure that you are adding valuable and genuine pieces to your collection.

Lastly, engaging with fellow collectors and participating in forums or social media groups dedicated to Starting Lineup figures can provide a wealth of knowledge, insights, and opportunities for trading or buying from trusted sources. Sharing experiences and knowledge within the community can be incredibly rewarding and help you grow your collection.

Now, I'd love to hear from all of you. Which Starting Lineup action figures do you consider the most valuable? Are there any specific figures that hold sentimental value for you? And where did you start your Starting Lineup collection? Let's share our experiences, tips, and favorite figures in this exciting realm of sports collectibles.

Looking forward to your contributions and insights!

Leafsfan1967

Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you can go wrong collecting all the star players in each sport, but keep in mind that Kenner knew there would be a demand for players like in hockey for example, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux etc., so they were largely produced. Surprisingly, some of the more harder to find players, are actually no named guys, because they were not produced in large quantities. These can command a hefty price in some instances. Best to follow completed listings on Ebay to get a sense of the harder ones to chase.

Taliasen

Administrator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
609   0   0
I have all of the Henderson SLUs. Some of the mid 80’s figures can be pricy, especially if the original packaging is still in good shape.